Dunlop Wire Wheel Wheel Care
Dunlop Wire Wheels are craftsmen built products by MWS and to maintain their best condition in service the following advice should be followed.
For all finishes (in addition to further specialised instructions below):
- Allow the wheels to cool before cleaning
- Do not use a pressure hose or washer
- Do not use an abrasive cleaner (such as T-Cut)
- Regularly wash the wheels (on the car) with soap and water, rinse with clean water and dry off
- Regularly remove the wheels from the vehicle and clean the entire wheel thoroughly to remove the corrosive dirt and brake dust which builds up over time
To support our customers in the care of their wire wheels MWS has produced a specialist cleaning kit containing: cleaning solution, protective solvent, dispenser, applicator brush and disposable gloves. To compliment our cleaning kit MWS offers a wire wheel cleaning brush for more stubborn marks.
How often you need to clean your wire wheels depends on the distance driven and the road conditions experienced. Due to brake dust and road salt being highly corrosive we strongly recommend thoroughly cleaning the wheels off the vehicle before putting into storage, for example over the winter.
Painted and Stainless Steel:
- No additional care should be necessary
If the chrome appears tarnished:
- Polish using a good quality chrome cleaner and a soft cloth
- Rinse with clean water
- Dry and wipe with a clean dry cloth to ensure all traces of cleaner are removed
For storage over winter remove the wheels from the vehicle, clean thoroughly and apply a light spray of WD40 (or equivalent) to help protect your wheels. If applying WD40 for storage then the wheel must be thoroughly cleaned before first use to ensure the oil does not compromise the brakes.
CAUTION – PLEASE READ THE MANUFACTURER'S
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE BEFORE USING ALL PRODUCTS
General good practice when using wire wheel cleaner is:
- Wear protective gloves where possible and wash hands immediately after use
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- Keep all chemicals out of the reach of children and animals