Dunlop MWS Wire Wheels
Dunlop Wire Wheels are available for sale at the Purr-fect Gift Shop. We offer authentic Dunlop wire wheels produced by Motor Wheel Service. Our MWS Dunlop Wire Wheel range contains classic and competition wire wheels and accessories to suit Jaguar and Daimler vehicles, however if you are after something in particular that we dont stock contact us and we will order it in.
Who are MWS?
Motor Wheel Service International Limited was originally founded as Motor Wheel Service and Repair Co. in 1927 on Becklow Road, London. In 1947, after working there for a number of years, George Smith took ownership and spurred the growth of the company until it had expanded enough to move to new premises on Jeddo Road in 1969.
In 1974 MWS was appointed as an official UK distributor for wire, light commercial, car, caravan steel and alloy wheels by Dunlop Ltd. George Smith was becoming affectionately known as "George the Wheel" due to his knowledge and experience within the industry. George’s reputation led to MWS being awarded exclusive UK distribution rights by Dunlop Ltd for all wire wheels in 1978. During these years George was making sure his son, Colin, was being taught all he needed to know to carry the family business forward.
1979 saw the beginning of an ongoing relationship with Morgan Motor Company to produce OEM wire wheels for their factory in Malvern.
In 1980 Dunlop Ltd, who had been in partnership with Wheels India Ltd since the 1960s, decided it was time to relocate wire wheel production from the Midlands to Madras, India (now Chennai). MWS was awarded exclusive worldwide distribution rights for all Dunlop wire wheels and George joined Dunlop engineers in India, spending several months overseeing the new production line. In 1982 he saw the first batch of Jaguar wire wheels produced and shipped to the United Kingdom. By this time George’s son, Colin, was taking over ownership of MWS.
In 1988, MWS headquarters moved to larger premises in Langley, Slough. The service and repair division remained in Shepherds Bush until 1998 when they moved into workshop facilities within the Langley site.
MWS has worked closely with Wheels India Ltd for more than 30 years to ensure the ongoing quality and technological improvement of its products. In 1993 a new range of fully stainless steel wire wheels was introduced. The range is regularly updated and now covers most Jaguars, Aston Martins and Morgans.
The in-house Workshop has established an excellent reputation for the manufacture and restoration of steel or alloy wire wheels.
MWS has been run by the same family since 1947 and over the years there is one thing that has not changed: the commitment to provide the best quality and service possible.